The Mitchell Group, Inc. (TMG), an international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC, is currently is seeking expressions of interest from qualified consultants for Administrative Officer/Technical Information Analyst for an upcoming 5-Year USAID/W Economic Analysis and Data Services (EADS) project, to provide ongoing technical and professional support services to facilitate USAID’s access to and analysis of economic, social and other statistical data and information. EADS is part of the USAID Office of the Chief Information Officer, Knowledge Management division (CIO/KM) which is responsible for the overall quality, structural integrity, reliability, and currency of USAID’s knowledge resources.
Qualifications and requirements:
– A Bachelor’s Degree in a social science or related field
– At least 5 years of experience working in an administrative capacity
– Must be able to work with computer-based word processing, spreadsheet, econometric and database applications (e.g. MS Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, SAS)
– Specific expertise and knowledge of economic, social, trade and financial data, which is required to perform data selection, formatting and presentation functions for the database systems. – Knowledgeable about the information needs of the development community and about the identification, assessment, selection, and organization of information for development and knowledge management purposes
– Skills and experience in the use of computer-based software that allows for the management, manipulation and analysis of large statistical databases
– Skilled in the use of statistical and analytical software packages and quantitative, data analysis methods appropriate to performing research and analysis of the socio-economic situations of developing country economies and trends
– Knowledge and skill in the use of client-server-based statistical data management and analysis, spreadsheet, word processing, Internet browser and search engine software is required
Interested and qualified candidates should send their
– Current CV/resume
– A brief cover letter
– Completed and signed AID1420 Biodata sheet form
. In the subject line, please indicate which position you are interested in. CV/resumes will be reviewed as they are received, early application is encouraged. No phone calls please.