Established in 1971, Futures Group develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well being of people around the world. We assist governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Futures Group has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
The Business Development Director for Strategic Growth Initiatives will be a member of the Business Development (BD) Department, working closely with the Vice President of Strategic Growth Initiatives. The Director will contribute to growing Futures Group’s and GRM’s business portfolio in the USAID market, with a focus on agriculture, economic growth, governance, climate change, and water. S/He will identify, position for, and pursue opportunities that are most likely to lead to short and long-term growth in these sectors. S/He will have a strong track record in capture management, mentoring and supervising capture managers, and winning work in USAID markets.
- Promote company capabilities with USAID clients and prospective partners
- Identify and prioritize opportunities in priority development sectors
- Design capture strategies
- Manage capture on priority bids and supervise/mentor other capture managers
- Contribute to proposal writing
- Previous experience leading business development initiatives in a variety of development sectors
- Proven ability to win work
- Proven ability to successfully manage the full proposal development process
- Demonstrated proposal writing ability
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines and with multiple/simultaneous bid efforts
- Languages a plus
- Master’s preferred and/or comparable experience
- Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility
- Usual office working conditions free of disagreeable elements.
Applications for this position should be submitted online at www.futuresgroup.com via the Careers page. Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.