Tetra Tech ARD (http://www.ardinc.com), a leading international development consulting firm based in Burlington, Vermont and Washington, D.C., is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Chief of Party candidates for the USAID-funded SERVIR Program Demand: Cultivating Use of Better Information. SERVIR serves as a regional resource in three global hub areas (Panama, Kenya, and Nepal) and provides access to remote sensing, geographic information systems (GIS), web mapping, and database management at the direction of USAID with technical expertise from NASA. Mapping applications related to weather and environmental forecasting, land cover change, and post-disaster assessments, among others, will be shared among additional hubs to be created in the next three years. SERVIR hubs are hosted by institutions that serve multiple countries within their regions and staffed by local specialists with a US-based central coordinating office. The SERVIR Chief of Party will be based in in Washington, D.C.
*Assume role of official spokesperson of project activities with USAID, NASA, host country government and local counterparts, and other collaborating institutions;
*Coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the program’s overall strategy that will include the establishment of approaches that result in both technical and financial sustainability of SERVIR;
*Oversee multiple program areas simultaneously (including cultivating demand for user-tailored SERVIR products and services, monitoring progress, and building capacity to demand science-based products; climate change adaptation and mitigation; grants administration; communications and public outreach; and monitoring and evaluation, among others);
*Provide comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the project, including training, monitoring and mentoring; and
*Lead all technical, financial and administrative aspects of the program.
* Minimum of Master’s degree in international development, climate change, geography, geospatial information technologies, or a related field;
* At least seven (7) or years of applying scientific applications to international development, and progressively responsible work experience in managing and implementing programs with demonstrated strong management and coordination skills;
* Exceptional communication skills and capacity building with special emphasis on communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences (especially regarding climate change), and interpersonal skills across cultures and hierarchies;
* Experience employing strong analytical and evaluation skills for development investment recommendations;
* Significant international development experience; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
In addition to a collaborative and family-friendly work environment, Tetra Tech ARD values diverse, energetic, and enthusiastic team players who are committed to high levels of performance and who are dedicated to providing superior services at all levels of the firm.
Apply on line at https://careers.ardinc.com/ARDCareers/App/USPostingDetail.aspx?PostingId=410
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: Open