Chief of Party, Local Governance and Decentralization, Port au Prince, Haiti
Company Profile: Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. MSI is part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries, including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is looking for a Chief of Party for an upcoming United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded local governance and decentralization program in Haiti. The project will focus on strengthening municipal government capacity and community involvement.
The Chief of Party is a multi-year, executive-level position that will be based in Port au Prince, Haiti with required in-country travel to target locations. The selected individual will manage a diverse project team, ensuring that project activities align with goals of USAID and the Government of Haiti. S/he will provide technical and administrative leadership for the entire program, ensuring that all objectives are achieved.
*Haitians and Haitian-American candidates are encouraged to apply*
- Provide overall leadership, management oversight, and technical direction to the project in consultation with the MSI home office technical director;
- Serve as the primary project interface with USAID, the Government of Haiti, USG counterparts in-country, and other stakeholders;
- Collaboratively design a strategic, long-term programmatic vision that is in line with USAID and Government of Haiti objectives;
- Contribute to preparing work plans, monitoring and evaluation plans, and technical and administrative reports;
- Responsible for achieving intended program results;
- Supervise and coordinate the work of subcontractors, consultants and grantees: review work plans, monthly and quarterly status and annual reports, financial reports, and deliverables;
- Ensure compliance with USAID, Government of Haiti, and MSI standards of quality and regulations in all project activities;
- Coordinate program activities with other relevant donor-funded projects to achieve maximum impact.
- Prior experience as Chief of Party, or equivalent leadership role, on donor-funded projects in Haiti is desired. USAID experience is a plus.
- Ability to lead teams, mentor staff and counterparts, and build capacity;
- Technical knowledge of local governance in one or more of the following areas:
- Municipal, elected official, and/or civil society capacity building
- Community engagement
- Policy reform related to decentralization
- Public financial management
- Participatory planning
- Public/private sector partnerships
- Ability to travel throughout Haiti;
- Degree in international development, public administration, economics, political science or another relevant field; advanced degree preferred;
- Fluency in French and English required; Créole language ability is a plus.
- Ability to travel throughout Haiti;
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: www.msiworldwide.com.