Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating real and lasting change in the lives of children in need in the US and around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation, and collaboration, our work takes us into the hearts of communities, where we help children and families to help themselves. We work closely with other organizations, governments, partners and local communities while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Our priorities are to ensure that children in need grow up protected and safe, educated, healthy and well-nourished, and able to thrive in economically secure households.
Save the Children is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded grant over the life of five years based in Lusaka, Zambia. S/he will provide strategic and operational leadership to develop and implement a successful and integrated multi-sectoral program that builds upon existing USAID/PEPFAR and government investment and that will improve the quality of OVC services with strengthened systems and policy framework for coordination, planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
The COP will ensure adherence to overall technical and programmatic quality in implementation, compliance with USAID rules and regulations, and the timely submission of all deliverables to USAID, including annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, semi-annual reports and annual reports as may be required. The COP will be responsible for overall direction and coordination of the activities of any sub-recipient partners under this grant, and for linking to broader fora in country for coordination of OVC work more broadly.
Qualified candidates should possess the following skills:
• Master’s degree in social sciences, public health, or related field.
• Minimum ten (10) years of field-based Public Health experience managing multi-partner development programs, especially in Sub-Saharan Africa, including at least three (3) years of experience in social welfare and HIV/AIDS systems strengthening.
• At least five (5) years experience as a country/project director in a public health and/or international development project of similar scale and complexity.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and familiarity with USAID (PEPFAR) policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, with specific understanding of PEPFAR guidelines, rules and regulations.
• Experience in managing large child focused field programs spanning several technical disciplines for an international NGO.
• Demonstrated skills in strategic and program planning and understanding of HIV/AIDS-related support services.
• Demonstrated skills in leadership and supervision of staff and teams.
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate and sustain working relationships with government, civil society and the private sector.
• Extensive experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa; specific work experience in Zambia desirable.
• Proven experience building capacity of local NGOs and government bodies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English required.
• Ability to travel extensively to program locations within Zambia and other locations as needed.
Qualified candidates should apply directly through our website at: www.savethechildren.org under the Careers page. EOE