Are you interested in joining an organisation with a long term commitment to fighting poverty? Would you like to work in a challenging environment and develop an international career focused on demonstrating shared core values that achieve results?
SNV Ghana is looking for a:
Country Impact Investment Associate Advisor
Based in Accra, Ghana
SNV aims to achieve more impact in income, employment and access to basic services by the provision of high quality Impact Investment Advisory Services (IIAS). In this, we build upon our existing knowledge, experience and foot print in Value Chain Development in Agriculture and Renewable Energy across West Central Africa (WCA).
SNV is still in the process of finalizing a corporate-wide integrated IIAS program, of which IIAS activities in WCA will be a part. IIAS pilots in the region will start in 2012 in Ghana and Burkina Faso.
Tasks and responsibilities of the advisor are based on a recently developed WCA IIAS policy document, and will be further elaborated in work plans.
The advisor reports directly to the Country Director who will set the country Impact Investment strategy and review performance. The advisor will collaborate closely with the sector leader(s) and align IIAS with existing programs and targets in the sector. He/she will also work directly with the Regional IIA Coordinator to deliver quality services and business investment packages, and will liaise with the Corporate IIAS Manager on screening and pre-qualifying potential investees.
• Lead the development of country specific Impact Investment implementation strategy, and ensure execution of the strategy;
• Develop a network of relationships with various stakeholders – clients, investors, national associations, chambers of commerce etc. designed to position SNV as a partner in impact investment;
• Lead partnership building activities aimed at securing external TA funding within the country;
• Maintain the relationship with in-country investors and (potential) investees;
• Coordinate the selection and engagement of advisors, consultants and LCBs for the provision of IIAS related services in selected sectors (mapping, pre-investment, post-investment);
• Prepare and monitor these assignments (terms of reference) of advisors, consultants, LCBs, ensuring achievement of desired results;
• Contribute to and work with existing SNV advisors to integrate IIAS and Inclusive Business methodology in our current advisory practice;
• Facilitate training of current SNV advisory staff and LCBs in IB and IIAS concepts;
• Manage SNVs delivery on signed IIAS contracts/MoUs;
• Coordination of IIAS services in the country: activity plan and budget, ensure availability of human and financial resources; ensure quality and timely delivery; time planning and time writing approval of staff, consultants and LCBs; ensure invoices and reports are sent, consultants are paid;
• Work with Regional IIAS coordinator and Corporate IIAS manager to screen, select, undertake due diligence and post investment monitoring of selected projects for investment;
• Build a network/database of consultants and LCBs from which SNV can select to enable SNV to achieve its objectives in pre-investment and post investment advisory services.
• University Degree (preferably Masters) in business management or economics or
other technical area related to project development and management;
• Five years minimum of professional experience in the private sector (preferably in Renewable Energy or agriculture, and in Investment Banking);
• Record of working in or for SMEs with proven track record of developing successful business/investment plans;
• Prior management experience would be an advantage;
• Passionate about creating social and environmental impact by working together with private sector and governments;
• Strong financial and business valuation skills;
• Experience in due diligence and deal structuring would be preferable;
• Operating experience and post investment company monitoring experience would be an advantage;
• Strong communication and presentation skills (written and spoken);
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer technology, and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work with SNV advisory team;
• Strong in external relationship building and should speak the financial sector language;
• Good working knowledge of written and spoken English;
• Willingness to travel frequently and extensively.
Salary: Attractive package, depending on relevant experience, includes individual allowances.
Contract Duration: 1 year, with the possibility of renewal
Desired start date: June 2012
Information on duty station
Name duty station: Accra, capital of Ghana
Health services: Good
Educational facilities: International schools (for children of expats)
Security situation: Good.
Accessibility: Daily flights.
How to apply?
Please send your application letter and CV to ‘+’rowca’+’@’+’snvworld.org’+’
before 16 April 2012 with reference number GH 5057.
More information about SNV
SNV is an international not-for-profit development organisation. We believe that no-one should have to live in poverty and that all people should have the opportunity to pursue their own sustainable development.
Starting out in the Netherlands more than 40 years ago, we now work in 36 countries, with offices in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Balkans.
Our global team of over 1,100 professionals work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. This empowers them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
By sharing our specialist expertise in Agriculture, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation Hygiene, we contribute to solving some of the leading problems facing the world today – helping to find local solutions to global challenges and sowing the seeds of lasting change.
SNV aims to make a lasting difference in the lives of approximately 40 million people living in poverty over the period 2011-2015.
For more information, please refer to our website: www.snvworld.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.