JSI is seeking a Country Program Finance Manager (CPFM) to ensure the proper financial management, administration, and compliance in the USAID|DELIVER PROJECT and Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project field offices. This position supervises 3-5 Finance and Administration Managers (FAMs) and works closely with the country team Regional Managers to provide the appropriate and/or necessary support to JSI managed field offices and technical activities. The CPFM works under the direction of the Field Office Finance Manager.
Specific responsibilities include:
Country Program Financial and Administrative Management
- Review the performance of the country programs and link financial and administrative management to program objectives.
- Ensure open and constructive communications channels between the field office and the home office as well as among the Country Team.
- Ensure that the Country Team is receiving accurate, timely and complete information.
- Ensure that annual budgets (both FS checklists and carry-over budgets) are completed accurately (realistic and based on actual costs) and on time.
- Review Operations Manual, Office-Share MOUs, Personnel Manual, VAT reports, and Inventory information are accurate and up-to-date and actively managed and followed.
- Identify problem areas with FAM or Field Office performance and enact corrective measures.
- Collaborate and share management lessons learned with other CPFMs and FAMs.
- Communicate regularly with the relevant Regional Managers and participates in Country Team meetings.
- Mentor, train, guide and support the FAM by establishing clear performance objectives, maintaining routine communication channels and by providing timely feedback on performance.
- Review monthly field accounts prepared by the FAM, focusing on unreconciled items, outstanding advances, and unapproved vouchers as well as expenditures over $10,000.
- Review feedback to field office for completeness, clarity, comprehension and ensure that corrections/outstanding issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Review monthly Budget Tracking Sheet (BTS) with FAM to ensure completion and if data is accurate.
Compliance and Audit
- Serve as a resource for USG regulations, ensuring consistent implementation of Accounting and JSI financial policies/standards, as well as USAID rules and regulations.
- Review vouchers and field expenditures to ensure compliance with JSI policy and procedures and USAID rules and regulations.
- Travel to field offices to audit field expenditures and processes.
- Review resources and tools for compliance with FAR, AIDAR, etc.
- Identify areas of compliance where additional training and support are required.
- Serve on the Finance and Administration Management team to address: resource allocation of the FAMs, develop tools for financial and administrative management, and devise effective linkages with project objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring that staff are trained on JSI financial analysis systems tools and that information from them is disseminated as appropriate to the field offices and country teams. Conduct annual performance reviews and manage performance improvement plans as needed.
MBA preferred, Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years experience USAID project financial management
Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
QuickBooks knowledge strongly preferred
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Supervisory and training experience required
Excellent written and verbal English language skills
Attention to detail
Experience with FAR and AIDAR regulations that govern USAID-funded procurement preferred; knowledge of USG contracts preferred
Able to work independently as part of an international team located in various time zones.
Permanent Authorization to work in the US required
Please apply through www.jsi.com
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D