FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We seek qualified candidates for the position of Delivery Science and Quality Improvement (QI) Advisor in Washington, DC.
The Delivery Science and Quality Improvement Advisor will provide technical leadership to FANTA’s delivery science team, including supervision of a qualitative research specialist and an operations research specialist. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate, supervise and ensure the quality and relevance of FANTA technical assistance to Missions, PVOs, and host governments in the design, integration, and evaluation of QI into programs and service delivery platforms (e.g., Nutrition and Infectious and Non-communicable Diseases, Title II programs, Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) programs, Community-Based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM), community nutrition programs and clinic/community linkages)
- Work closely with the other FANTA teams, including the MCHN, nutrition and infectious disease, Monitoring and Evaluation (ME) and Emergency Nutrition and CMAM cluster, to identify delivery science needs and establish priorities for the technical and strategic direction of FANTA III’s delivery science work with USAID/Washington, USAID Missions, and implementing partners
- In collaboration with FANTA technical staff, identify issues with the quality of Title II, MCHN, HIV, emergency nutrition and CMAM-related service provision and transform these issues into improvement opportunities to be addressed through QI approaches and/or improved delivery science
- Lead the development and pilot-testing of tools and methods to support the quality implementation of USAID-supported nutrition activities and food security programs
- Advocate the use of QI and other delivery science approaches to USAID implementing partners (IPs) and with government counterparts, including ministries of health, in the countries where FANTA works
- Lead FANTA’s capacity building efforts in delivery science and QI through in-country technical assistance; the design and facilitation of workshops and follow-up mentoring and QI team building programs; and the development of technical briefs, guides, and training materials to support the design, management, and evaluation of delivery science activities. Serve as the senior technical advisor to USAID/Washington and its partners for QI- and delivery science-related requests
- Serve as a resource-person and advisor to FANTA for the design, integration, and application of QI methods to global and country program activities, including providing training and professional development to HQ and field-based FANTA staff in QI approaches
- Contribute to the development of systems for tracking progress of specific QI efforts at the country and/or program level, including data collection systems to inform improvement stories for dissemination
- Contribute to and oversee the development of manuals and technical briefs to provide operational guidance for implementation of FANTA recommended qualitative, formative, and operations research methods in the context of Title II and other USG development programs
- Contribute to FANTA technical assistance for the development and integration of social and behavior change communication (SBCC) into program design and service delivery
- Coordinate with FANTA’s Senior Nutrition and HIV Advisor, Senior MCHN Advisor, Senior Agriculture and Nutrition Linkages Advisor, Senior Advisor for Research and ME, Deputy Director for Country Programs, and Deputy Director for Global Leadership to help ensure that FANTA III’s technical assistance to USAID Missions and partners in delivery science and QI builds on and is consistent with FANTA’s work in other areas
- Coordinate with the FHI 360 Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) team to share experiences and lessons learned and when feasible to collaborate on activities.
- Contribute to the development of annual project work plans, particularly technical sections that address critical issues and the design, execution, analysis, and reporting of activities. Contribute to annual and evaluation reports of project progress as required
- Carry out other job-related tasks as assigned by the Project Director and Deputy Director for Global Leadership.
Master’s degree in nutrition, public health, or related discipline and at least 10 years relevant work experience with a minimum of seven years experience with food security, HIV, or nutrition related programs, which may include technical assistance to programs, program design and management, or research and policy development and analysis, required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with QI in developing countries settings with applications to international health priorities, required; any formal training in QA/QI is a plus. Experience carrying out formative or qualitative assessments and/or research activities in a developing country contexts. Experience with USAID projects and programs, highly desired. Experience providing technical leadership, developing strategic guidance, and supervising a team of technical specialists, highly desired. Experience providing technical assistance for integration of SBCC in program design and service delivery, preferred. Experience in capacity building, including the development and delivery of trainings and workshops.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may register online through FHI 360’s Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org. Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.