Futures Group develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Futures Group has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Futures Group seeks a candidate for the position of Deputy Chief of Party/Government Liaison Officer based in Lusaka, Zambia.
The candidate will serve as the Deputy Chief of Party for a large program which will support the Government of Zambia to improve services for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC). S/he must be able to work closely with the new government and align program objectives with the appropriate government entities. This full-time position is contingent upon successful award.
- MPH or MA in social science, or a related professional advanced degree;
- 8+ years of experience in public sector planning, including 2 years of OVC programming;
- Experience managing complex, large-scale, donor-funded programs;
- Experience cultivating and maintaining relationships with government;
- Ability to oversee programming across technical disciplines;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Willingness to work with a team of Zambian and US-based staff in a challenging environment with a demanding portfolio of activities;
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout Zambia;
- Zambian nationals preferred.
- Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility
- Usual office working conditions free of disagreeable elements.
All applications for this position should be submitted online at www.futuresgroup.com via the Careers page. Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.