Deloitte Consulting’s Emerging Markets practice has worked with governments and donor agencies to build the institutions, legal framework, and policies required for effective economic governance and private sector growth since 1988. Deloitte has had a strong presence in Sub-Saharan Africa in recent years, engaging in over 70 projects in the region on issues that range from agriculture to capacity-building to health issues.
About Deputy Project Director position:
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking proposals from qualified organizations interested in providing support services for the Office of Food for Peace (FFP).
The contractor will provide administrative, technical, and program support in the planning, award, management, monitoring and close out of development and emergency grants and cooperative agreements. This includes support for, but is not limited to, the Emergency Food Security Program (EFSP) and Title II grants and cooperative agreements and Freight agreements. The contractor will provide technical support in procurement tracking, booking, shipping, and budget analysis.
The Deputy Project Director will be working with and under the direction of the Project Director. He/she is expected to manage all administrative and logistical support functions needed for project planning, start-up, implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, communications, financial reporting, and other purposes. This includes assisting with the efficient and effective delivery of technical assistance; scheduling of short-term technical experts; planning and coordinating of the project events and meetings; and otherwise performing such support functions as may be needed to ensure overall responsiveness of the project and its team members.
Location: Contractor’s office
Period of performance: May 1, 2012 – April 30, 2017
- The Deputy Project Director must possess and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in dealing with external audiences as well with project staff, advisors, consultants and subcontractors, and grantees.
- The candidate for Deputy Project Director should have at least 5 years of relevant previous experience working in a similar position, preferably with respect to USAID.
- Knowledge of Title II and Federal and Agency assistance rules, regulations, policies and procedures is strongly desirable.
- Ability to obtain “secret” level security clearances.
- Located in District of Columbia area