Futures Group develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Futures Group has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
We are looking for a skilled, motivated and creative full time .Net developer to augment our software development team. We are looking for outstanding individuals that can work independently to solve complex problems. A good work ethic and attitude is required and candidates must be prepared to deal with non-core activities such as assisting our business analyst and team manager with documentation requirements and level of effort estimations, activity logs and sundry administrative documentation, and some staff training. Candidates should have at least 5 years software development experience. International development or health care experience is a plus.
The candidate will be leading a new effort to build software using the .Net platform using Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server. As such, the candidate must have experience designing the software architecture with the .Net platform in conjunction with a relational MS SQL database back end. REPORTS TO: Regional HMIS Advisor.
- Develop .Net applications, including
- Be familiar data import / export to / from various formats
- Implement software design components including coding, code documentation, unit testing, debugging
- Write technical documentation related to the project
- Follow software best practices in an Agile / SCRUM environment
- Source Code Management
- Reports to the Senior Technical Lead
- Be a good communicator (Email, Skype, Telephonic)
- Be prepared to work with a diverse international team from Africa, Caribbean, India and USA
- 5+ years of applicable work experience
- 5+ years’ experience with Microsoft .Net Windows Forms, SQL Server, ASP.Net and Visual Studio development environment
- Experience designing and writing bespoke applications using Visual Studio
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility
- Usual office working conditions free of disagreeable elements.
All applications for this position should be submitted online at www.futuresgroup.com via the Careers page. Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.