JSI is seeking a Financial Manager to work under and report directly to the Deputy Director of Finance Administration for Malaria to support routine monthly financial tracking and reporting to USAID on the Malaria Task Order. This position will also work to support the Malawi field office to ensure the proper financial management, administration, and compliance in the USAID|DELIVER PROJECT and the JSI Logistics Services Ministry of Health contract to implement a parallel supply chain for malaria commodities. The Financial Manager will be directly responsible for ensuring the accountability of the Parallel Supply Chain (PSC) within Malawi.
The USAID | DELIVER PROJECT is an Indefinite Quantity Contract (IQC) whose objective is to improve the availability of health commodities to clients in USAID-supported countries and programs. The work of the IQC is specified and carried out through individual task orders. TO7 supports the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) by procuring and delivering malaria commodities, strengthening in-country supply chains, and strengthening international coordination and collaboration around the supply of malaria commodities.
Task Order Malaria Financial Management Support
– Overall support to the Deputy Director for Finance and Administration on the Malaria Task Order
– Assists in managing the Task Order finances including the ceiling, obligations, monthly expenditures, and projections.
– Helps to develop Task Order annual work plan budgets. Monitors and manages any sub-budgets as required.
– Assists in maintaining a financial tracking system designed for the Task Order Director and other staff managing the implementation of program activities.
– Prepares financial reports at the request of the Finance Deputy Director for the Task Order.
– Monitors fund availability for procurements and subcontracts.
– Monitors and tracks subcontractor and other vendor agreements, invoicing, and expenditures.
– Assists the Deputy Director in responding to both routine and ad-hoc requests.
Country Program Financial and Administration Management
– Ensure accountability for the Parallel Supply Chain System within Malawi
– Ensure open and constructive communications channels between the PSC and the Country Team.
– Collaborate with Country Program Finance Managers and Finance and Administration Managers
– Communicate regularly with the relevant Regional Manager and participate in country team meetings.
MBA preferred, Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years experience USAID project financial management
Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
Knowledge of US Government FAR and AIDAR Regulations a plus
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Excellent written and verbal English language skills
Attention to detail
Able to work independently as part of an international team located in various time zones.
Permanent Authorization to work in the US required
Please apply on-line at www.jsi.com
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D