RTI International | Apply By 25 March 2012
This position is responsible for the administration, coordination and facilitation or HR programs, processes, and operational support services of the RTI Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya. Serving as Senior Administrator of HR Operations and Support Services of the RTI Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya, this role is responsible for HR administrative services to include but not limited to local national employment administration, on-boarding and orientation, HRIS administration, compliance activities, HR systems support, and other duties as assigned.
• Oversees and administers local national employment activities to include Employment Agreements, extensions, and other changes in status. Coordinates with Project HR, management and administration staff accordingly.
• Oversees and administers HRIS entry, reporting and compliance for client base in the Region ensuring accuracy and integrity. Responsible for HR systems support to the Region.
• Coordinates local national employee benefits programs in liaison with Home Office HR Benefits and Business groups and client.
• Coordinates local national compensation programs in liaison with Home Office HR Compensation and Business Groups and client.
• Establishes and maintains effective positive partnerships with management, employees, and internal and external partners and client base.
• Coordinates and assists with international assignment support services to include on-boarding and orientation, personnel matters, work permit processing, etc., as needed.
• Supports the Regional HR Director in coordinating regional activities such as due diligence, local national performance review, salary structure review, HRIS auditing, capacity building, training, etc.
• Oversees compliance review of policies, employee handbooks and personnel file compliance within client group.
• Assists in the CCN recruitment efforts as needed.
• Completes special projects and performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ related experience; MA degree and 6 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.**Local candidates strongly preferred.****
Additional Skills and Ability Required:
• Working knowledge of and experience in international and local national HR.
• Working knowledge of and experience in local labor and employment laws and legal resources.
• Familiarity with international development systems and policies.
• Ability to prioritize issues and make recommendations to policies.
• High degree of professionalism and discretion; culturally astute.
• Ability to work independently as well as perform in matrix organization.
• Strong ability for partnership and collaboration.
• Strong writing and presentation skills with ability to communicate well within and across diverse groups and perspectives.
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-tasking environment.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and HR systems.
• Second language (French or Arabic) preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Specific information regarding the laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be located at the employment portal www.rti.org/jobs
RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program, for specific information on this program please visit our employment portal at www.rti.org/jobs
Source Article from http://www.devex.com/en/jobs/human-resources-manager-regional-kenya-142