The Papua New Guinea Education Capacity Development Facility (CDF) is seeking an Information Systems, Communication and Technology (ICT) Adviser for the National Department of Education, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
If you are an experienced Information Systems, Communication and Technology (ICT) Adviser, this is your opportunity to add traction to ongoing improvements in the National Department of Education and apply your skills and experience to build capacity in the education system
This is a Long Term Position (2 years with a possible extension of 1 year) based in Port Moresby. As a Long Term Adviser, you will report to the First Assistant Secretary, Policy and Planning, at the National Department of Education, who will provide professional oversight. Your work plan will include travel throughout Papua New Guinea.
Outcomes and deliverables:
You will be responsible for the following outcomes and deliverables:
- High level strategic and technical advice to the DoE and Provincial Divisions of Education (PDoE) in ICT, including international best practices;
- Development of ICT policies and procedures;
- Coordination of ongoing development of the Education Management Information System (EMIS);
- Expanded network systems at district and school levels to inform future strategies for ICT support at sub-national levels;
- Effective coordination with central government agencies and other relevant stakeholders relating to ICT;
- Strengthened capacity of ICT Support Unit staff to sustain and manage ICT systems in DoE;
- Strengthened knowledge and capacity of education staff at the national, provincial and school levels in ICT.
Qualifications and Experience:
- You will have at least 5 years’ experience working in a broad range of IT Communications functions in a large government department or similarly complex organisation in developing countries
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and managing ICT systems.
- Understanding of applying appropriate technology solutions in line with organisational resources and capacity
- Experience in developing strategies, business and training plans relating to ICT.
- Successful experience in capacity development methodologies including professional development, mentoring, participatory training and facilitation.
- Cross-cultural, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, adaptable to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to work effectively with senior-level management and as part of a team to deliver results on time.
- A degree in information systems management or similar relevant field.
- You will have relevant post-graduate qualification or extensive relevant experience
- Understanding of equity-related issues including gender, HIV/AIDS and disabilities in a development context.
- Understanding of international development agreements and issues including the aid effectiveness agenda, Millennium Development Goals, Education for All and global funds.
- Experience operational budgeting, planning and reporting in government agencies in an international context.
- Understanding of Sector-Wide Approaches.
This position is defined as B3 under the Adviser Remuneration Framework. Full details of the remuneration package are available through the following link: http://www.ausaid.gov.au/publications/pdf/adviser-remuneration-framework.pdf.
AusAID support to the PNG education sector includes direct financing, procurement, scholarships and technical assistance. A major focus of technical assistance is the provision of high quality capacity development to the National Department of Education to help sustain the gains the Department has recently made towards achieving Universal Basic Education.
CDF is an AusAID facility, managed by GRM International, responsible for sourcing and providing quality capacity development expertise to the Papua New Guinea education sector. CDF provides administrative, financial and logistical support to advisers located in Papua New Guinea. This includes managing an operational budget, providing a vehicle and arranging security briefings.
Your expertise and commitment to capacity development can make a difference to education in Papua New Guinea.
Applications for this position will close at 5pm PNG time on Tuesday 10th April 2012
Australian Aid – managed by GRM International on behalf of AusAID