Admin and Logistics Officer Job in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Organization: UNOPS – United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: LICA-8, Local Individual Contractors Agreement – Junior level
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2018-01-23
Background Information – Job-specific
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Support Services, the Admin and Logistics Officer is responsible for management of the country office administrative team and effective delivery of administrative support services. He/she analyzes and interprets the administrative rules and regulations and provides solutions to complex issues related to administration. The Admin and Logistics Officer promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Admin and Logistics Officer will supervise and lead the staff of the country office administrative team. The incumbent works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the country office, UNOPS HQ staff, UN agencies and Government officials to successfully deliver administrative services.
1.Ensures management of UNOPS premises, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Overall management of office premises; follow-up with building owner regarding contractual arrangement/negotiation of office lease renewal in consultation with the UNOPS country office management team.
- Promotion of energy-saving and implementation of green office policy.
- Scheduling and monitoring of maintenance/repair/washing/painting work of the office premises and environment. Supervision of the cleaning and maintenance team to ensure effective and efficient services be provided
- Monitoring and ensuring the timeliness and quality of administrative tasks (e.g. cleaning and security guard service) on daily basis.
2.Ensures proper assistance to management on security-related issues, focusing on achievement of the following results: