Medecins Sans Frontieres Spain – Clinical Officer
Organizing and ensuring medical consultations to the target population providing treatment to patients within the scope of his/her medical competencies and referring them when appropriate, according to MSF protocols, procedures and the universal hygiene standards in order to guarantee quality and efficiency of the service provided.
• Ensuring the implementation and standardization of MSF clinical policies, tools, and hygiene protocols in order to minimize clinical risks and to guarantee the quality of patient care management. Promoting and maintaining confidentiality regarding all patient cases and records
• Implementing diagnosis, prescription and prevention procedures that fall under the scope of his/her competencies applying medical knowledge, asking appropriate questions to patients and following protocols in force as well as using laboratory services when necessary, in order to ensure a correct implementation of the medical treatments and to refer patients when appropriate.
• Participating in the planning and supervision, in close coordination with other supervisors, the HR processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the team in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people triage capabilities, their motivation and commitment and their active participation in teaching the targeted population on therapeutic and preventive protocols.
• In cases of emergency, carrying out first aid care and treatment according to protocols in order to reduce mortality rates
• Recording in the individual patient’s card and registration books, all performed medical activities (drugs prescribed, lab results, vaccination status, epidemiological activity, doses, etc.) keeping data traceability in order to ensure patients treatment continuity.
• Participating in data collection and reporting when required
• Knowing and implementing Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE), i.e. keeping contact with all patients, providing them information regarding their health state and responding to their questions.
Knowing and promoting the proper application of Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit and Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol.
Education: Essential clinical officer diploma
Experience: Desirable previous clinical supervision experience of at least one year, For OCA: Essential, 2 years of relevant working experience.
Languages: Essential local language. Mission working local language knowledge would be an asset.
Knowledge: Desirable computer literacy
Competencies: • Results and Quality Orientation L2
• Teamwork and Cooperation L2
• Behavioural Flexibility L2
• Commitment to MSF Principles L2
• Stress Management L3
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants should send a CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of ID. Card either by email to email@example.com (please indicate ¨On the subject box: the vacancy title) OR give in person to MSF Spain Gedeb Base, Kochore Base or YIRGACHEFE Office (Mahlet Hotel).
Posting date: August 22, 2018
Closing date: August 31, 2018
APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED ON ROLLING BASIS and POSITION COULD BE FILLED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE .
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.