Abt Associates inc. is looking for a qualified applicant for it’s open position Deputy Team Leader
As Ethiopia makes progress towards becoming a middle-income country, it needs a system capable of meeting acute needs that is less reliant on large humanitarian appeals. The Government of Ethiopia (GoE) has a clear strategic direction and strong policies for managing humanitarian crises. The upcoming DFID funded Building Resilience in Ethiopia (BRE) Programmewill provide demand-led interventions, including targeted technical support and advice, and independent monitoring and evaluation to support the GoE.
The Deputy Team Leader will provide leadership support to the BRE Team Leader and the Programme Management Unit (PMU) based in Addis Ababa. The role will require working closely the GoE, BRE programme partners and other key stakeholders across the humanitarian sector to provide technical support as needed by the GoE. The Deputy Team leader must be mission driven, and committed to making a distinctive impact in serving the BRE programme and Abt Associates.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Team Leader to set up a programme in Addis Ababa to allow continuous engagement between stakeholders and suppliers in support of BRE
- Support the Team Leader to lead a multidisciplinary and high performing team to provide technical assistance in a collaborative manner
- Track team performance across the programme
- Multidisciplinary PMU operationalised, and resources made available for PMU to be able to provide technical assistance to the GoE through packages of work
- Successful planning, resourcing and operationalisation of PMU (including technical streams) to conduct packages of work effectively
- PMU’s performance as well as the performance of any other workstreams, partners and sub-contractors, monitored and supported to be at a high level
- Planning, resourcing and operational leadership on all technical deliverables, including: Building capacity of the NDRMC, the MoFEC, the MoH and EPHI to build…