Get Jobs on Email. Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get latest jobs and updates on your email.
|U.S. Mission||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Announcement Number:||Addis Ababa-2018-040|
|Opening Period:||November 6, 2018 – November 19, 2018|
|Series/Grade:||LE- 1015, FSN-03|
|Salary:||(USD) 6,073 – (USD) 10,945 per yearFP is BB. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.|
|For More Info:||Human Resources Office: HROaddisababa@state.gov or byPhone: 251-11-130-60-00 Ext: 6383
|Who May Apply:||All Interested Applicants / All Sources|
|Security Clearance Required:||Local Security Certification or a Public Trust Security Clearance will be required if offered the job. No security clearance information is necessary at the time of application|
|Duration of Appointment:||Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.|
|Marketing Statement:||We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before apply.(https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/eight-qualities-of-overseas-employees)|
|Summary:||The U.S. Mission in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Chauffeur|
|Work schedule:||Full Time – 48 hours per week|
|Start Date:||Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end|
|Duties:||Under direct supervision of the FSN Motor Pool Operations Supervisor and / or Dispatcher, provide vehicle chauffeur service to official Embassy staff and visitors, as assigned by Motor Pool Dispatcher; operate motor vehicles in a safe and secure manner according to the Drive Cam Policy at all times, obeying local traffic laws and patterns; responsible for maintaining vehicle at maximum operating condition at all times, and requesting repairs immediately as required. Serve as back up for the front office drivers and operate armored vehicles for VIP visits when required.|
Qualifications and Evaluations
Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
Prior Work Experience: Two years of passenger and light cargo vehicle experience with manual and automatic transmissions is required.
- Post Entry Training: Three days driving with a senior driving sitting alongside in the vehicle.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: An excellent knowledge of Addis Ababa roads is required, including awareness of main and alternate routes to all Government and diplomatic offices; must have accurate and up-to-date knowledge of local traffic laws and patterns.
LANGUAGE: English and Amharic language Level 3 (Good working knowledge) in reading/writing/ speaking is required. (English Language will be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must possess a current and valid minimum Grade III Ethiopian driver’s license; must possess substantial defensive driving skills; must be skilled at handling sedans, 4×4 vehicles, carryalls and buses. Must be able to tactfully interact with other persons in all situations. (This may be tested)
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
If an applicant with a disability needs assistance with the application and/or hiring process, including any applicable tests or interview, please contact:
BENEFITS: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Addis Ababa/Ethiopia may receive a compensation package that could include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link:
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify that you found this job on AddisJobs.net
How to Apply
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification or Public Trust security clearance. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on HR/OE Intranet Site. To apply for this position, applicants should electronically (or otherwise) submit the documents listed below:
|SUBMIT APPLICATION TOU.S. Embassy Human Resources Office P.O. Box: 1014 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Preferred method of sending applications is by email E-Mail: HROaddisababa@state.gov||POINT OF CONTACTHuman Resources Office Telephone: 251-11-130-60-00, Ext. 6383 E-Mail: HROaddisababa@state.gov FAX: 251-11-124-24-03|
To apply for this position click the following link https://et.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site. Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application: FOR ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR):
- DS-174 (US Embassy application form)
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed (e.g. transcripts, degrees, certificates, work experience documents, etc.)
- Driver’s License (if applicable) this should only be included for positions requiring it
- Certificate or License (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation (if available)
FOR AEFM / USEFM ONLY
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Passport copy
- Degree (not transcript)
- Language Scores (if available)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.