INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
ChildFund Ethiopia, an international non-profit humanitarian organization working in different regions of Ethiopia for the well- being of children, is seeking an experienced candidate for the post of Education Project Coordinator.
The Project Coordinator ensures the Enabling Orphan and Vulnerable Children to Access Quality Education Project is successfully implemented in accordance with approved donor and government agreements; and that the human, material and financial resources of the project are well managed in line with ChildFund financial, grant management and other approved guidelines
Job Principal Duties
- Ensure the Enabling Orphan and Vulnerable Children to Access Quality Education project is implemented according to the approved donor and government agreements and with required quality standards.
- ln coordination with the Education Program Specialist, develop and regularly update a detailed project work plan guiding the project implementation and ensure this is implemented.
- Assist the Education Program Specialist in preparing programmatic and financial reports for donor(s), government and ChildFund as required, ensuring these are of a high quality and submitted to the national office in a timely manner. This will include compilation of information from a range of project staffs.
- Assist the Education Program Specialist on the preparation and revision of a realistic budget; authorizing and monitoring expenditure in line with the budget and donor guidelines, ChildFund grant management and financial guidelines.
- Monitor and support the implementing partner project staff in implementing the project. This includes ensuring the appropriate light training and follow-up needs of all project staff as identified and planned with the Education Program Specialist.
- Support the Administrative and Finance Assistant to monitor and ensure that funds are spent according to planned and agreed schedule.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes
- Good technical knowledge in the field of quality education.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong organizational, inter-personal, communication and report writing skills.
- Computer literate in word processing and excel packages.
- Experience in developing and monitoring budgets.
- An understanding of child well-being and their protection and fulfilment
Minimum Education and Experience Required
Bachelors level degree in education or related studies.
Five years’ experience in the practical implementation of education projects.
Terms of Employment: One year with a possibility of extension based on proven performance
Salary: Attractive salary and benefit package
Place of work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply in person, via e-mail or by sending non-returnable full CV and copies of supporting documents with cover letter on or before September 10, 2018 to:
Bole -03-680 Street, House No 207-11, P.O.Box 5545
Please write the job title on the subject line when applying through e-mail.
- Total Jobs 9 Jobs
- Full Address Addis Ababa,Ethiopia