Abt Associates Job Vacancy in Ethiopia
Job Position: Financial Analyst/Accountant
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. Presidentˇs Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high- quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Under the supervision of the Country Finance & Administration Manager, the Financial Analyst/Accountant records project financial transactions, posts to appropriate projects and tasks, prepares periodic financial statements and reports, and keeps the records of the accounts books up to date.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Records expenditures, income, and any other related transactions, in the books of accounts.
- Prepares payment vouchers and correspoonding checks.
- Prepares payroll and other regular payments with due consideration to deductions (for advances, loans, taxes, etc).
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
- Checks petty cash payments and periodically reconciles petty cash balances.
- Keeps a register of fixed assets and maintains an easy cross reference system of all government property.
- Ensures that the books of accounts are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required.
- Prepares the monthly ROV in accordance with Abt Associates procedures and policies.
- Prepares monthly cash requests, and promptly advises action required to cover estimated costs.
- Liaise with the Finance & Contracts Director and the Finance & Contract Analyst at the IRS2 TO4 Headquarters Office on all aspects of financial procedures and any issues that may arise.
- Ensures that government taxes are paid on time.
- Ensures that periodic inventory of the fixed assets (property) of the company is conducted.
- Assists the Finance & Administration Manager in the implementation of the internal control system and financial procedures manual of the company.
Qualification Requirements Include The Following:
- Bachelorˇs Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management,
- Business, or other relevant field.
- At least eight (8) years of professional experience in Accounting and Program Financial Management.
- Experience working at international development programs, with experience at USAID-funded programs highly desirable.
- Experience in payroll management, petty cash management,
- financial reporting, and budget tracking.
- Experience in inventory management is desirable.
- A self-starter that is able to perform under pressure is preferred.
- A strong command of financial and other computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Quicken, Access, etc.
- English language capability.
HOW TO APPLY
Application deadline is 03 September 2018
All candidates should send application to
with the position title in the subject line of the email.
Documentation required to be considered includes a cover page, CV, Biodata form, pay slip from the most recent position held, copies of educational certificates/degrees, and contract information at least 3 references we can contact (must include email addresses and phone number)
Candidates selected for the interview will be sent a more detailed job description in advance of the interview.
Applications that do not follow these instructions, or that donˇt meet the stated minimum qualification requirements, will not be considered.
For any inquire please use our office phone no 011 6294898