1. Payment Management
1.1 Petty Cash Payments:
- Ensure all petty cash payment vouchers are supported by adequate documents coded and appropriate Project Id has been stated.
- Supervise the petty cash fund handled by the cashier on a timely base this includes monthly count and reconciliation.
- Ensure appropriate taxes have been deducted from various payments.
- Ensure the accuracy of Petty Cash Request and Replenishment Form made before check is issued for replenishment.
- Keep petty cash documents as per the guideline.
1.2 Bank Payments
- Ensure all check and bank transfer payment requests have got approval from Program Manager, or Administrative Manager.
- Ensure proforma Invoices and or Bid Analysis are signed and approved before bank payments are prepared.
- Ensure appropriate withholding tax, Income tax and other government obligations, if any has been deducted before checks are prepared.
- Ensure the correctness of sum of invoices and supporting documents before sending for check preparation.
- Apply all regulations and laws and any statutory requirements in computation of payments.
- Ensure appropriate and adequate descriptions or explanations are filled on Check Payment vouchers.
- Prepare local bank transfer orders based on approved requests and send to the respected bank after signed by signatories.
- Keep in a safe box those unused checks and prepare a check book request when there is a need
- Ensure all payments done shall get approval from Program Manager, or Administrative Manager.
- Prepare journals and (petty cash, advance, settlements correcting entries and others as required) and forward to Finance Manager.
2. Other Activities
- Review status of advances and payables regularly and take action for timely settlement.
- Prepare accounts and receivables /payables schedule and reconcile with Peachtree ledger balance.
- Responsible for coding and entering data to the system on a timely manner.
- Ensure the timely collection of all incomes as membership fee or branch contributions.
- Prepare timely stock report and work closely with store keeper.
- Prepare settlement of employment income tax, withholding tax and pension payments to tax authority as per the payment schedule.
- Ensure all fixed asset of the organization has got unique code and work with the store keeper for its accuracy.
- Follow–up status of unpaid cheeks in hand and other responsible staff.
- Compile all required Peachtree produced and manually prepared reports and statements and other information copy of documents and others as per the standard check list
- Ensure consistent application of EDA finance policy in all aspects of work.
- Participate in meeting of the as per the request of Program Manager on issues and activities as required.
- Assist the Finance and Accounting Finance Manager on monthly and year end accounts closing.
- Perform any other relevant duties as required by the supervisor
- Proven experience as a junior accountant
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP)
- Diploma in accounting, finance or relevant field and minimum of 2years direct work experience
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send no-returnable applications with CV and copies of credentials and other supporting documents to the following address.
Ethiopian Diabetes Association
Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 31840
Apply by Nov 5, 2018
Ethiopian Diabetes Association is an equal opportunity employer and female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.