International Livestock Research Institute is looking for qualified applicants for the Junior Accountant positions.
CGIAR research centre
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT Junior Accountants (2)
International Potato Centre (CIP) Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The Position: The International Potato Center – Ethiopia (CIP) seeks to recruit two Junior Accountants for CIP-Ethiopia in Addis Ababa and Mekelle with frequent travel to CIP project areas.
General: The International Potato Centre (CIP) is an international nonprofit agricultural research organization with a global mandate to conduct research on potatoes, sweet potatoes, Andean root and tuber crops, and sustainable management of natural resources. CIP’s vision is to contribute from its areas of expertise to the fulfillment of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) in particular those goals that relate to poverty, hunger child and maternal mortality, and sustainable development. CIP has its headquarters in Lima, Peru, with staff and activities in locations across Africa, Asia and Latin America. CIP is a member of the Consultative Group for International Agricultural Research, a network of 15 research centers mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 60 donor members.
Job Purpose: The Junior Accountant will provide administrative, accounting. Logistics, procurement and coordination services to CP-Addis Ababa, and sub offices in SNNPR, Amhara, Tigray and any other regions where CIP has project activities. The activities will be conducted following donor, ILRI and CIP regulations and where appropriate, they will be carried out under the guidance of the CIP-Addis Ababa Office. The position is based at CIP Addis Ababa office ILRI Campus. The Junior Accountant (JA) directly reports to functionally to the accountant and administratively to the country finance and administration specialist at CIP-Addis office. The JA also indirectly liaises with the Accountants. Pls and research associates working at CIP regional & project offices.
- Assist in preparation of payments in accordance with available donor and CIP rules and in accordance with the approved budgets;
- Assist the accountant in preparation of cash forecast & advance requests to the CIP Addis Ababa Office and project offices;
- Ensures that all payments are authorized by the before payment; codes the expenditure in accordance with the budget allocated to the office;
- Is responsible for timely payment of travel claims, utilities, material purchase, office supplies and transport for the office & sub grantees;
- Ensures that all financial and contractual documentation is valid, complete and in accordance with the CIP, donor, government & ILRI (if applicable) rules & regulations;
- Under the supervision of the Account in Addis Ababa contributes to the preparation of financial reports and other reports as required;
- Supports the Accountant in Addis Ababa in validating financial documents and recording transactions in the OCS system. if applicable or send the transactions in appropriate template in a manner to be recorded n to the accounting system;
- support with the follow up of payments on behalf of subgrantees at the region, advance payments and liquidation of advances timely;
- travel to regions to deal with project offices finance issues and partners and subgrantees at the region, when required;
- Responds to queries from external units or staff members;
- Supports both statutory & donor audits
- Facilitates the procurement of goods and services from local suppliers and ensures that relevant procurement guidelines and mandatory documentation are adhered to
- Ensures that the contracts for office and other services are renewed on time;
- Maintains an updated database for the fixed asset and supplies as applicable:
- Support the admin assistant in monitoring vehicle movement both for Addis Ababa and the regions and submit vehicle mileage reports with copies of the vehicle log book to the Administrative Assistant at CIP Addis Ababa Office at the end of every month along with the financial return;
- Performs other duties as required.
Education: Minimum BA degree in accounting and Finance from recognized university
Experience: At least 5 years of relevant work experience in an NGO environment
- Good analytical skill
- Team player
- Good problem solving skills
- Proven negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Capacity to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Excellent Amharic and English. Knowledge of Tigrigna language is a plus
- Working experience in accounting software
- Computer literate with good knowledge of outlook, excel and word
Minimum Base Salary: Birr 12,010 per month (Negotiable depending on experience, skill and salary history of the candidate)
Duly Station: Addis Ababa and Mekelle, Ethiopia
Terms of appointment: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position, initial appointment is for one year with the possibility of renewal, subject to individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc.
How To Apply
To find more about CIP, visit our Website at http://www.cip.cgiar.org Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
See How To Apply Below
When you apply please notify that you found this job on AddisJobs.net