Livelihood and Food Security Project Officer (National Position) two – Ethiopia
Norwegian Refugee Council
Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia the Livelihood and Food Security Project Officer is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of Livelihood and Food Security Project officer position is to provide technical support to Livelihood Project Assistants based at Dollo Ado and Dollo bay weredas engaged in implementation of livelihood activities through capacity building in market information, chain and trend analysis, promotion of Micro Enterprise Development (MED) and the like. He/she is also responsible to the day to day implementation of the livelihood Project activities in both weredas.
• Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines;
• Plan, facilitate and conduct trainings on conceptual understanding of business and market development and capacity building for the staffs (project assistants and stakeholders);
• Provide technical support and applicable tools to respective camp level staffs in identifying demand based potential and demand based production / products and developing business market development plans;
• Support livelihoods team and other project stakeholders in promoting business and market development on the identified potential products and services;
• Support and follow up livelihood teams in conducting value chain analysis for potential products in their respective refugee camps;
• Facilitate smooth net-working of our livelihood targets with micro financing institutions for financial services that enhances business activities;
• Follow up & monitor implementation of resilience building project in Dollo Ado and Dollo bay weredas
• Participate in assessment, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation processes of the Area office for various intervention activities of…