|Position Title||Operations Assistant-Logistics|
|Duty Station||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia,|
|Classification||General Service Staff, G4|
|Type of Appointment||SVN, Six months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
Under the general supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission (DCOM) and Head of Programs, with close coordination with Senior Operations Officer-Addis Ababa; and under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Office. The successful candidate shall be responsible to carry out duties related to the organizations movement activities. In particular he/she will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate with Movement Department staffs on upcoming departures and Ensure that all necessary documents (ARRA permission letter, Emergency travel documents or pass port and exit visas etc.) are prepared and secured in advance.
2. Prepare and submit official letters to ARRA and immigration offices to facilitate Emergency Travel document /ETD/for all refugees departing to the third country under IOM auspices; and submit the ETD to Addis movement colleagues on time.
3. Notify the supervisor and Operations Staffs of any problems related to the ARRA permission letter, Immigration Emergency Travel document and others on a daily basis.
4. Coordinate with Movement, Sub-office and Transit Centre staffs on the upcoming departures, exit documents and immigration formalities as well as smooth arrangement of logistical needs from point of departure (camp) to Addis Ababa to effect the smooth departure of refugees.
5. Support the actual refugee movements to and from Addis Ababa and ensure provision of Logistical assistance for refugees and resettlement interview officers as needed during different resettlement interviews (CWS/RSC & USCIS), Cultural orientation, medical and departure missions
6. Perform the document verification…