Procurement Officer (National Position) – Ethiopia
Norwegian Refugee Council
Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia the Procurement Officer is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
• Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines;
• Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action;
• Prepare and develop status reports as required by management;
• Ensure proper filing of documents;
• Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
• Daily coordination of NRC procurement activities;
• Ensure all NRC procurements are completed according to procedures at all times, and within the minimum timeframes stipulated for each of the procurements;
• Liaise closely with the Logistics and Admin Manager and procurement Committee, for local procurements;
• Liaising with other NRC field offices on procurement issues, and handle all procurement related issues addressed to the coordination office;
• Assist Program and operational personnel in regular procurement planning meetings;
• Closely coordinate with other procurement officers for bulk purchases;
• Assists staff as needed on creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other documentation;
• Carry out procurements including getting quotations, preparing purchase orders, contracts, negotiations, dealing with vendors, checking legal requirements etc.
• Update price list and vendor database and share with concerned on quarterly basis;
• Follow up PRs, prepare procurement plan on quarterly basis and determine and communicate the average lead time for all categories of materials;
>>> Read More Here
Get Jobs on Email. Join our list ይመዝገቡ
Subscribe to our mailing list and get Latest Jobs on your email.