Get Jobs on Email. Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get latest jobs and updates on your email.
Addis Jemari is new NGO working in Addis Ababa. We are a child-centered and family-focused organization and we fight to end the orphan crisis in Ethiopia by encouraging, educating and empowering orphan and vulnerable children and their families. We strive to create sustainable solutions to families and children in need of support.
Addis Jemari offers good employment opportunities for personal growth and development. If you are interested to work in an organization that works towards improving the lives of orphan and vulnerable children and families, we encourage you to look through the job profile below.
The Family Empowerment Program (FEP) Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day program activities of this community based child care program that addresses multi-dimensional problems faced by children through reaching out to impoverished families. FEP focuses on rescuing vulnerable children way before they become orphans through empowering economically challenged families that are struggling to fulfill their daily needs and care for their children. Akaki-Kality sub-city is our program target area.
This position requires to maintain timely communication and support to beneficiary families and children; developing and maintaining effective relationships with local government bodies, implementing partners, and Addis Jemari Program Director; and presenting reports in an organized manner allowing the end users to understand and learn from program outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a leading role in the day-to-day activities of FEP implementation on the ground and work with families and children in ensuring program deliverables are met on the ground.
- Coordinating, implementing and monitoring case achievement goals and benchmarks for 50 beneficiary families and OVCs.
- Responsible for ensuring the identification, assessment/reassessment, case plan development and updating, case plan implementation, monitoring and closure for beneficiary families
- Support OVC and families to achieve health, schooling, stability and safety goals as well as, education, psychosocial support, child protection, nutrition, economic security services within the case plan achievement benchmarks.
- Responsible to ensure program delivery is in line with Addis Jemari Ethiopia specific programmatic approaches and donor requirements.
- Establish sound networking and sense of cooperation with concerned government bodies and other stakeholders at all levels for proper implementation of program activities.
- Produce quality program reports as per Addis Jemari, donors and partners requirements.
- Collect good quality monitoring data in a timely manner; organize data received for reporting and learning purposes.
- Document best practices, success stories and lessons learned.
- Attend and actively participate on monthly and quarterly meetings as required.
- Assume any other responsibilities relevant to the position as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications & Experience:
Required: a minimum of Bachelor degree in social work or related social science field; at least three years of experience working in OVC care and support; familiarity with OVC programming in Ethiopia: at least two years of experience in program coordination; work experience in implementing donor-funded program.
Desired: a master’s degree in social work or related social science field
Working environment: demanding
Salary: as per the Organization Scale
The program coordinator reports to program director in Ethiopia.
When you apply please notify that you found this job on AddisJobs.net
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit electronic copies of CV and application to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org OR can deliver hard copies to our office no later than November 23rd,2018 4pm. Our office is located in front of LAFTO 2000 BUILDING.
Contact telephone 912 037754
More information about Addis Jemari can be found on: http://addisjemari.org/