Peace Corps Ethiopia is seeking an eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Programming and Training Support Coordinator; please find the specification for the job attached on the vacancy announcement.
POSITION TITLE: Programming and Training Support Coordinator
OPEN TO: Ethiopian Nationals
OPENING DATE: October 17, 2018
CLOSING DATE: November 12, 2018
WORK HOURS: Full-time: 40 hours/week
SALARY: From $14,712 to $25,932 to be paid in ETB
Under the supervision of the Director of Programming and Training (DPT), the Programming and Training Support Coordinator, (PTSC) serves as a member of the Programming and Training unit and assists the DPT in providing support to approximately 190 Volunteers and 19 P&T permanent staff. In conjunction with the DPT, the PTSC will assist with providing regularly scheduled staff development training to all staff with a primary focus on supporting the capacity and development of P&T staff to provide quality Volunteer support within the standard P&T responsibility areas. The PTSC will provide guidance and Volunteer support in relation to the 3rd year extension process and serve as lead staff person to support the planning and implementation of major Volunteer events, and for Volunteer committees and council support. Additionally, the PTSC will provide guidance and support related to PCV and site history file management and support the completion of annual reports for PC/HQ and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment. If you love working with staff and volunteers to improve the quality of our operations, then this job is for you. Please read below for the qualifications and instructions on how to apply.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in project management, adult education, international development/relations, training design and management, or relevant discipline.
- At least three years of experience in development projects or training programs.
- At least two years direct experience with workshop and group facilitation, session plan design, and training.
- Extensive experience in project management, training management and information management.
- Advance computer skills, including database management and Microsoft Office software skills (Excel, Word, Access, Publisher, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- At least two years professional work experience working in a multicultural setting with U.S. Americans.
- Level IV (fluent) in reading, writing and speaking in English. The ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken professional English is essential and required.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and an ability to prioritize and structure daily tasks and workflow.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Peace Corps processes, training approach and systems is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with giving feedback, coaching and mentoring American volunteers and fellow staff.
- Ability to manage time in high-stress environment and an ability to adapt gracefully to changing situations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. Is proactive and self-motivated.
- Ability to function comfortably and effectively within American and Ethiopian cultural contexts in both informal and professional settings with Trainees, Volunteers, colleagues, Host Agency Officials, Peace Corps/Washington, the American Embassy, and others.
- Proven experience taking a lead on maintaining a healthy, productive team spirit with a multi-cultural team of Americans and Ethiopians.
- Professional ability to collaborate with other staff in many facets of their work as required to assure effective program coordination while providing support and suggestions for developing and refining projects and training programs.
How To Apply
Interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements must submit the following documents:
- Cover letter, maximum 2 pages, demonstrating how the applicant meets minimum required qualifications.
- A current resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) that includes 3 professional references.
- Optional: Any other succinct documentation that supports your candidacy.
Applications should be addressed to:
Peace Corps Ethiopia
Via Email: email@example.com with a subject line “SSA”
Peace Corps P.O. Box 7788, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
*Only select one delivery method. Please do not send to both.*
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for the position are welcome to apply.
- Address Addis Ababa, Ethiopia