Under a four-year contract with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), AECOM International Development is implementing the USAID Lowland Water Sanitation and Hygiene (Lowland WASH) Activity to support increased access to improved drinking water supply sources and sanitation facilities on a sustainable basis; promote widespread adoption of key hygiene behaviors; improve efficiency and sustainability of food production from irrigated and rain-fed agricultural systems; and advance water resource governance and data management. The activity aims to expand sustainable water use for agriculture in Somali, Afar and SNNPR (lowland areas) regions of Ethiopia with populations vulnerable to drought and climate change.
TITLE: Roving Cashier
DUTY STATION: Addis Ababa, with frequent travel to the Afar, Somali and SNNP regions
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: STTA (Temporary)
SUPERVISOR: Operations Manager
- Completion, recording and filing of transportation refund, DSA for government staff, facilitator fees with supporting documentation for all transactions in accordance with Lowland WASH financial procedures;
- Facilitate disbursement process by actively facilitating necessary payments during field activities and training payments by roving to Lowland WASH target regions: Afar, SNNPR and
- Provide logistical support to program staffs and sensor installations in Afar, SNNPR and Somali regions;
- Maintain financial documents properly and timely settle travel advances
- Facilitate training and other related payments by regular traveling toAfar, SNNPR and Somali regions;
- Maintain financial documents properly and timely settle travel advances;
Get Jobs on Email. Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get latest jobs and updates on your email.
- Ensure that files are up to date on at end of each Ensure all the paper works can be traceable to the files
- Make timely deposit of cash to liquidate advanceimmediately after the field trip;
- Liaise with program team and maintain updated training and other related field movement calendar for mooth movement and timely payments;
- Inform Finance Specialist and Operations Manager on pending training and other related payments;
- Ensure training and other related payments are processed timely;
- Provide logistical support to program staffs travelling toAfar, SNNPR and Somali regions;
- Undertakes other related works ordered by immediate supervisor
- Bachelorˇs degree in accountingor related field with at least two years of relevant experience,Or Diploma in Accountingor related field with at least four years of relevant
- International organizations /NGO experience is
- Good computer skill in MS Offices, particularly in Microsoft Excel and operating office equipment (Scanning, Photocopy ).
- Communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in
- Must be able to maintain strict
- Should be self-motivated.
- Ready to pass overnight at any woreda town or villages when it
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Compensation will be based on the applicant’s experience and salary history. Employment with AECOM International Development is subject to the availability of funding from USAID for the Lowland Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Activity. AECOM International Development is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and updated resume not more than three pages with at least three references and contact information through email@example.com.
The application process closes at close of business hour on October 29,2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.