Place of Work: Hawassa
Application deadline: November 05, 2018
Required Candidate: One
The security guard is responsible for
· Provision of security services to the GIZ compound and office in Hawassa
· Provision of security services to the GIZ office vehicles parked on the compound and adjacent parking lots at day
· Opening entrance gate for GIZ office vehicles and registered visitors during office hours
Security checks of visitors if directed by the GIZ management staff
Required qualifications, competences and experience
· primary school education
· Physically fit
· Good hearing and eyesight
· Observant, Responsible and trustworthy
· Assertive with good interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of basic security and fire protection procedures.
· Minimum of 1-3 years of working experience in a similar position with references
· Skill in both verbal and written communication.
· Skill in observing situations and decision making.
· Skill in dealing courteously with public
· Ideally, skills in basic first aid and using a first aid kit and in basic fire safety and using a fire extinguisher
Other knowledge, additional competences
· ideally, a knowledge of English
· knowledge of Amharic and at least one local language spoken in
· no entries in criminal records
· reliability and good organizational skills, appropriate appearance and clothing
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their application letter along with their non-returnable recent CV (max. two pages) via to the following address:
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
P.O. Box 100009
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Fax: 011 554 0764
The name of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked “Application: Security Guard Hawassa” on the envelope or on the fax applications. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged