Accelerated Learning is an award-winning social enterprise that has positively impacted the learning of over 11,000 students in Ethiopia. Blending behavioral sciences, technology and classroom data, we are building a teacher-coaching platform from the ground up for the African context – that actually works!
We are on a mission to rescue 1 million students from boring, scary and ineffective classrooms in Ethiopia and beyond.
Learn more at: www.accelerated.co
Teacher Coaching Analysts (Entry Level) at Accelerated are the face of the organization and are deeply embedded within our partner schools and teachers. This role involves ensuring the successful implementation of Accelerated’s coaching program in multiple locations and overseeing the quality of service delivered, maintaining relationships and regular contact with school-management as well as constantly be on the look-out for innovations that can improve our work and delivery.
Impact: You are the key person to drive change in schools, with teachers and in the classroom. As a Teacher Coaching Analyst you have the chance to make a positive impact on thousands of children’s lives, as well as hundreds of teachers on a daily basis.
- This is an entry-level position. We are seeking someone with teaching experience and who is very good at observation. This role is critical in ensuring that our work is well implemented at our partner schools.
- We are a small, close team. We are all humble and hardworking (mostly). We don’t care for drama. Please review our Core Values — “fit” is more important than talent.
- But that’s not enough. The very act of visiting schools and improving and expanding our operations must be intellectually interesting to you — a daily puzzle you want to solve each day. Otherwise, the work would get tiresome.
As we are a lean and fast growing organization the role is likely to develop – the great thing is that you have a unique chance to develop this role yourself.
- Right attitude as mentioned above and commitment to improve education in Ethiopia.
- Teaching experience of at least 2 years and training skills.
- Strong communication skills in Amharic and English (reading, writing, comprehension, etc.)
- Project management skills: You must be a self-starter. That means you don’t need a manager to motivate you. You’re always early to work, work hard, no excuses, that sort of thing.
- Open-mindedness is critical. Willingness to learn is a minimum to work in an education focused-org. You need to be willing to receive professional feedback on how to get better. In fact, you need to want that.
- Humility, persistence and grit, innovativeness and a constructive attitude towards problems.
This is a great chance to tackle a complex problem like Education within a fun organisation. We promise great job satisfaction and professional development and you can craft your own career path and role in ways that is not possible at many other organisations.
Salaries are modest (we are not the UN) and will be commensurate with experience.
When you apply please notify that you found this job on AddisJobs.net
How to Apply
Please send an email with no more than 2-page CV and a cover letter to