UNFPA, The United Nations Population Fund is looking for qualified applicants for the following open position.
UNFPA NATIONAL POST: Driver Job
Job Title: National Post: Driver, Gambella, Ethiopia, G-2
Job ID: 16467
Location: East and Southern Africa
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Rotation: This post is non-rotational.
Duty Station: Gambella, Ethiopia
Closing Date: 19 June 2018 (5 pm, Gambella time)
Duration: 1 Year (*)
Post Type: Fixed Term Appointment
*PLEASE NOTE THIS VACANCY IS OPEN TO NATIONALS OF ETHIOPIA ONLY*
The post of Driver is located in Gambella, Ethiopia and reports to the Regional Programme Coordinator.
The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to UN officials and visitors ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Additionally, s/he drives the office vehicle for transporting authorized personnel and delivery/collection of mail, documents and other items for the UNFPA office.
- Completed secondary level education required
Knowledge and Experience:
- Valid driver’s license;
- Two years work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions, and defensive driving skills;
- Skill in minor vehicle repairs
- Fluency in English is required.