UNICEF Vacancy: National Consultant on Civil Registration, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job no: 514155
Position type: Consultancy
Division/Equivalent: Nairobi Regn’l(ESARO)
Department/Office: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Categories: Statistics and Monitoring
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
- To Provide technical assistance to FVERA, ARRA and RVERAs in the implementation of a two-year project entitled Establishing a decentralized and integrated civil registration system for refugees and host communities in Ethiopia, supported by the Asylum Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF).
How can you make a difference?
The consultant is expected to perform the following tasks:
1. Support FVERA in developing tools to assess office logistic needs for camp and zonal registration centres and RVERAs (kebele (village) registration centers). Coordinate with ARRA and RVERAs undertaking of the assessment;
2.Based on findings of the assessment develop a comprehensive supply list with unit costs and quantities;
3.Follow up on the adaptation of training manual and guidelines on the civil registration principles, standards and processes for civil registrars of RVERAs and ARRA;
4. Provide technical assistance and follow up assessment of capacity needs and monitor the results of the capacity building and training plan;
5. Assist and follow up with the five target regions in organizing roll-out trainings for civil registrars based on the standard training manual developed at Federal level;
6. Coordinate and follow up on the development of a CRVS communication strategy (including C4D component). Support involves drafting of Terms of Reference to outsource the undertaking of the exercise, follow up on the…