UNICEF Vacancy: Social Protection Specialist, P-3, Temporary, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job no: 513204
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Division/Equivalent: Nairobi Regn’l(ESARO)
Department/Office: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Categories: Social and Economic Policy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
How can you make a difference?
Support and promote UNICEF’s Integrated Systems Agenda in Social Protection with focus on UNICEF-led ‘Cash Plus’ pilots within the PSNP and UPSNP frameworks
Objectives of the assignment
- Maintain effective Policy Dialogue and Advocacy with MoLSA to strengthen integrated and child-sensitive Social Protection systems in Ethiopia
- Strengthen the Integrated Systems approach in Social Protection within the UPSNP and the PSNP
- Support UNICEF ECO engagement in developing and piloting the “Cash Plus” approach to inform future design of the PSNP and UPSNP, including effective linkages creation to nutrition, child protection and health (financing) sectors
- In partnership with IFPRI and the UNICEF Office of Research, support the child-focused social protection research agenda in Ethiopia that includes impact evaluations and researches to improve evidence-based policy design in the area of child-sensitive integrated social protection
- Supervise the national social policy specialist of the social protection unit and maintain an effective network of individuals inside and outside UNICEF, building strategic partnerships with a range of key stakeholders in the area of integrated Social Protection agenda