US Embassy Vacancy – Housing Assistant
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- SOLICITATION NO. 72066318B00001
- ISSUANCE DATE: April 12, 2018
- CLOSING DATE/TIME: April 20, 2017 at 5:00 pm, Ethiopia local Time
- POSITION TITLE: Housing Assistant
- MARKET VALUE: $35,359 – $45,970 equivalent to GS-7. The final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value based on the successful candidate’s salary history, work experience, and educational background. Salaries over and above the top of the pay range will not be entertained or negotiated. Please note that U.S. resident-hire PSCs are not eligible for any fringe benefits (except contributions for FICA, health insurance, and life insurance), including differentials and allowances. Final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value based upon the candidate’s past salary, work history, and educational background.
- PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: One year, with possibility for extension with four year option to extend. Extensions will be contingent on satisfactory performance, continued need for the services and availability of funds. No PSC contract may exceed a five year period of performance.
- PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: USAID/Ethiopia, Addis Ababa
- SECURITY LEVEL REQUIRED: Facility Access. The final selected candidates must obtain an Employment Authorization and medical clearances within a reasonable period of time (USAID will provide details regarding these clearances to the selected candidate). If such clearances are not obtained within a reasonable time or negative suitability issues are involved, any offer made may be rescinded.
Per AIDAR Appendix D, 1 (5), Resident Hire” means a U.S. citizen who, at the time of hire as a PSC, resides in the cooperating coutry:
- A spouse of a U.S. citizen employed: (A) by a U.S. government agency; or (B) under any U.S. government-financed contract or agreement; or (C) under any other contract or agreement that provides for repatriation to the United States; or
- for reasons other than employment: (A) with a U.S. government…