Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org
Project title: Service Contract to Technical Assistance Unit for the Civil Society Fund II in Ethiopia
Brief description: The overall objective of the Civil Society Fund II, of which this project will be a part, is to increase and improve NSAs role in the national development and democratisation process.
The purpose of the Civil Society Fund II is to increase NSAs capacity to engage in governance and development activities. It is anticipated that by providing grant and non-grant support to NSAs, the human, material and technical capacities of civil society will increase and their sustainability, accountability and constituency will improve. This will lead to a situation of enhanced contribution, participation and engagement of NSAs in governance and development activities.
Results to be achieved:
- Result 1: Increased human, material and technical capacity of NSAs to engage in governance and development;
- Result 2: Increased sustainability, accountability and constituency of NSAs working on governance and development;
- Result 3: More effective and efficient delivery of services in the governance and development sectors.
Commencement date of the project: September 2012
Duration of the assignment: 770 work days over 42 months
Qualifications and skills
– Degree in social sciences, development studies, economics or other relevant areas
– Excellent working knowledge both in spoken and written English. Knowledge of other languages used in Ethiopia would be an asset
– Organisational, planning and reporting capabilities
– Fully competent with Word and Excel
General professional experience:
– A minimum of 3 years’ subject-related work experience, preferably gained in a developing country
– Expertise in technical and financial programme management
Specific professional experience:
– A minimum of 3 years experience in grants management and in design and management of calls for proposals
– Functional knowledge and experience of EDF procedures would be an asset