Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. Today, it has over 100 projects under management worldwide and its technical expertise has been expanded to include implementation of a range of analytical and field projects in democracy and governance, economic growth, organizational capacity building, education, and natural resource management. At the beginning of 2008, MSI joined Coffey International, Ltd., a global multi-disciplinary professional services organization with offices in 20 countries around the world. MSI became a part of Coffey International Development (Coffey ID), one of seven divisions which comprise the Coffey Group. Together, we aspire to create extraordinary outcomes for our clients, our staff and the communities in which we work. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The USAID/Mexico-funded program entitled Mexico Rule of Law III: Justice and Security Program (PASJ) arises from the Merida Initiative objective to prevent and eradicate organized crime. The Program supports Mexican implementation of criminal justice reforms, professionalization of law enforcement officials, and aims to bring Mexico in-line with the global human rights standards through policy and legislative reforms, institutional strengthening (specialized training, technical assistance), civil society participation and public outreach.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Monitoring Evaluation (ME) , the incumbent will be responsible for assisting the ME Director in the development of monitoring systems, administering the database, ensuring data quality and reliability . He/she will in particular:
- Develop formats, templates, protocols, standard operating procedures, etc. that will be used for Program´s monitoring;
- Manage the organization of the Program’s data;
- Coordinate the collection of information for report writing with the ME reporting coordinators, the technical staff and their assistants;
- Analyze the information obtained and verify its quality and relevance with regards to the Program Results Framework;
- Work closely with the ME reporting coordinators and directly support drafting process of the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, while ensuring all data and results are in line with the Program Results Framework;
- Analysis of the pre and post-training evaluation results;
- Collect, organize, analyze, monitor and extract program information via the Sharepoint (intranet);
- Produce the following reports:
- List of activities to be reported in weekly Monday and Thursday reports.
- Weekly production of lists of activities planned to be carried out.
- Monthly production of lists of activities to be reported in the monthly report, as well as a corresponding map graphic to summarize the information, and a list of trainings and trainees.
- Production on a quarterly basis of lists of activities to be reported in the quarterly report, as well as a corresponding map graphic to summarize the information, and a list of trainings and trainees.
- Monitor data captured for the USAID TraiNet database and ensure the accuracy of the reported data;
- Assist the ME Director to prepare briefings and urgent reporting requests from the Mission;
- Review reports and background information from MSI-USAID sub-contractors or sub-grantees, partners from the government and judicial sector, civil society organizations, in order to be better informed on Program results for better reporting;
- Make recommendations for additional analysis, data or relevant information, to be included in the report;
- Any additional tasks assigned by the Director of ME that are related to his/her area of work and could help the PASJ to produce better results.
Education and Experience
- University degree in IT systems, statistics or a related field;
- Or alternatively, an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience in monitoring and database analysis;
- Two years experience in database and program management;
- Experience in liaising with technical teams, and
- Experience in analyzing and presenting data, and producing corresponding reports
- Highly advanced skills in Excel, Access, Macros, and Microsoft Project Management and Microsoft Office in general,
- Familiarity with the SharePoint system. Familiarity with TraiNet an advantage
- Ability to write clear and concise reports;
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking;
- Good knowledge of project development and monitoring concepts;
- Familiarity with the justice sector in Mexico and in general with government and legislative structures will be an advantage;
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines;
- Personal commitment, flexibility, efficiency and drive for results;
- Ability to be a good team player.
- Fluency in Spanish for report writing and editing;
- Professional proficient-level English: ability to speak and understand in order to communicate with colleagues and counterparts or partners, and to understand written legal and other technical documents related to the justice reform.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: www.msiworldwide.com.