To perform full range of secretarial duties for the assigned supervisors, including organizing and maintaining records, contact with the public, preparing correspondence and reports, assistance for visiting ADB missions and other appropriate functions as required; coordinate administrative activities for the India Resident Mission (RM).
Ensures that all correspondence and documents for supervisors are correctly typed, prepared and submitted on time in compliance with ADB’s standard.
Ensures all the incoming mails are logged, properly distributed and brought to the attention of concerned staff, and that outgoing mails/faxes are delivered on time.
Oral Communications/Internal External Contacts
Provides efficient reception services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from internal/external calls to ensure they are referred in a timely manner to the concerned staff.
Ensures the effective coordination of supervisors’ schedules by maintaining their diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by supervisors in accordance with ADB procedures.
Arranges meetings/appointments with Government of India, executing agencies, donors and other stakeholders.
Assists in the preparation of Aide Memoirs, background papers, back-to-office reports (BTORs) and other reports pertaining to group assigned.
Prepares Mission Authorization Requests (MARs) and Mission Authorization Business Travel Requests (MA-BTRs), and Request for Reimbursement of Business Travel (RRBT) for India Resident Mission (INRM) staff.
Assists in arranging required logistic facilities such as transportation, workshops, seminars, visas, shipments, custom clearances, etc.
Ensures the office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated in accordance with an existing framework for easy retrieval.
Relieves other Operations Assistants when they are absent, as required.
Performs any other duties as may be required and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan, such as retrieving files/documents for preparation of reports, preparing tables and charts for reports, assisting ADB visiting missions, and other routine office administrative functions.
- Bachelor’s degree
Relevant Experience And Other Requirements:
– At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Good typing skills; good knowledge of stenography preferred but not necessary
- Good computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software used in ADB
- Able to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds; good interpersonal skills
- Able to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices
- Familiar with local languages and institutions
People and leadership skills
– Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
– Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
– Good oral and written communication skills in English
Application of Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Deals with routine queries and correspondence in accordance with procedures
- Proactively seeks relevant development opportunities and submits for approval
- Produces summaries and frameworks by collecting and analyzing diverse information
- Adjusts style and approach to respect and serve different clients
- Conveys messages by asking questions and using different approaches
- Identifies when a client issue requires escalation
- Responds to clients without prompts or reminders from senior colleagues
Achieving Results and Problem Solving
- Proposes solutions to minimize delays and setbacks in completing work
- Reviews all task objectives and achieves core deliverables
- Uses time management and organizational skills to promptly complete work to the required standard
- Delivers beyond the stated task objectives
- Consistently works effectively with individuals of different views, culture, nationality, gender, and age
- Consistently seeks assistance when requirements are unclear
- Provides timely updates on relevant information
- Freely shares and seeks useful knowledge and to complete work
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Uses effective written and oral communication in preparing documents, presentations and interactions
- Asks questions to understand how to follow up on feedback
- Locates relevant information to expedite workflow
Innovation and Change
- Adopts new policies, systems and processes in a timely fashion
- Shares ideas for how work can be completed more effectively
Immediate Reporting Relationships / Other Information:
- Supervisor: Designated International Staff and senior National Staff
This vacancy is for a local staff position with local remuneration package. It is only open to nationals and residents of India.