Title: Project Director, Teacher Training Programs
Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Vice President
IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing thought leadership and innovative programs to promote positive lasting change globally. We enable local individuals and institutions to build key elements of a vibrant society: quality education, independent media, and strong communities. To strengthen these sectors, our program activities also include conflict resolution, technology for development, women and youth.
Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $70 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide. IREX employs field-tested methods and innovative uses of technologies to develop practical and locally-driven solutions with our partners in more than 120 countries.
IREX seeks a dynamic and proven leader to manage and guide domestic and international teacher training programs. The Project Director will provide leadership by facilitating innovation, collaboration, and project impact among program beneficiaries, donors, implementing partners, and staff. The Project Director reports to the Vice President.
• Oversees day-to-day management of teacher training programs.
- Supervises team of approximately ten staff.
- Facilitates donor and partner relations and internal and other external communications regarding program design, management, and impact.
- Supervises the planning, development of processes, schedules and overall program operations.
- Manages financial planning and management of complex, multi-year, overlapping budgets.
• Ensures compliance with donor requirements.
- Provides guidance in the development of training design, training materials, and monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Facilitates and leads training workshops, meetings, and other events.
- Travel required up to 20% time.
• Ten years of progressive leadership experience, including team management, in international development.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of primary and or secondary education development and teacher training.
- Proven successful proposal writing, budgeting, and training design and facilitation skills.
- Experience managing US government (Department of State, USAID, and/or Department of Education) supported programs.
• Masters degree or higher in education or related field.
Go to http://www.irex.org/careers and click on Current Openings. Then click on the corresponding position and apply through our website. Please supply a resume and a cover letter with your application by July 15, 2012.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE