LOUIS BERGER is an independent private consulting firm, with more than 30 years experience of project management worldwide, particularly in Africa, Eastern Europe, Central Asia and Mediterranean countries, working in the fields of engineering, planning and institutional development.
To develop our activity and coordinate international projects, especially in PALOP countries, we are looking for:
RESIDENT / FINANCIAL EXPERTS
Under the supervision of a Team Leader, you will be in charge of the financial and administrative management of a specific international cooperation project in the field of institutional support (democratic governance, justice, private sector development, trade, public administration reform)
In particular, you will be responsible for:
– Financial accounting systems design, implementation and monitoring (including production of financial reports);
– Internal audit systems development;
– Financial management and monitoring of contracts within a donor funded programme including procurement, preparation of supply, service and work tenders;
– Contractual and financial regulations and procedures’ respect ;
– Trainings delivery of project administrative and accounting staff.
Qualifications and skills
- Chartered accountant, auditor or education with similar background
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Fluency in Portuguese required
- Knowledge of spoken English
- At least one experience (minimum 2 years) as administration and financial expert in a EDF funded project, including Grant management.
- Minimum 7 years professional experience working as internal controller or auditor or as responsible for financial management in a public institution
- Knowledge of EU Procurement and Grant procedures is required
- Experience working with PFM Reform Units is an asset
Should you be interested in this position, please send a cover letter and a detailed CV (with expectations, if possible) by email under reference FE/052012/DEVEX to