We are currently looking for a Results Measurement Supervisor for PROPCOM MAI-KARFI in Nigeria
- 1. Background
Propcom Mai-karfi is a six year programme that started in December 2011. The goal of this six year programme is “Increased incomes for the poor through enhanced employment opportunities in Northern Nigeria.”. The purpose is “Increased employment and improved productivity in selected agricultural market systems in Northern Nigeria.”
It is expected that the programme will deliver the following results:
- 2. Scope of Work
To support the programme’s research and monitoring efforts, Propcom Mai-karfi is seeking a Results Measurement Supervisor to:
- Assist the programme ME Expert set up and operationalize the monitoring system of the programme based on already set guidelines.
- Understand programme monitoring system and be able to relate outputs of the system to the programme log frame and carry out programme monitoring as per the requirements of the DCED system of Results Measurement
- Review the programme’s goals and objectives and work towards helping the programme team gather necessary quantitative and qualitative data to support future programme work.
- Work with the Intervention Managers to identify, quantify and verify milestones and targets.
- Ensure Intervention Managers conduct results measurement at all levels of the causal logic of the interventions, including analyzing information to refine strategy and implementation of Propcom Mai-karfi work.
- Ensure results measurement information is analyzed and used for decision making and learning (choice of sectors, sector strategies, interventions, intervention designs, revising interventions and reporting).
- Direct the in-house Results Measurement team to carry out investigations and fact-finding missions as appropriate and relevant to programme needs.
- Commission and / or lead research initiatives, with contract agents ensuring proper use of research tools and methods, and assist with research design and analysis where necessary.
- Contribute to programme reporting and communications for donors, and other stakeholders
- With other members of the RM team, take the lead in specific research initiatives for, and consequently develop RM strategies for specific themes such as poverty, gender, climate and environment and other themes as required by Propcom Mai-karfi strategies when needed.
Working directly with the RM Team, the Results Measurement Supervisor will report to the ME Expert and to the programme team leader.
- 3. Specific Responsibilities
The Results Measurement Supervisor will assist with the following:
- Running the Propcom Mai-karfi RM system as suggested by the DCED guidelines of Results Measurement
- Ensuring that all research is conducted in accordance with good research practice.
- Information collected and analyzed so it is useful for internal and external purposes.
- Ensure Propcom Mai-karfi is able to establish attribution between its activities and higher-level impact and is also able to report on its pro-poor impact and its impact on gender.
- Ensure the development and execution of monitoring plans;
- Collaborate with the Team Leader, Market Analysts etc. in the production of internal progress reports as well as contribute to overall programme reports for the donor.
- Provide monthly updates and plans to the ME Expert and the Team Leader
- In addition to your normal duties Propcom Mai-karfi reserves the right to require you to perform other duties consistent with your position or skills.
The Results Measurement Supervisorwill report to the ME Expert, her Designee or the the Team Leader. Propcom Mai-karfi reserves the right to revise (in consultation with the Results Measurement Supervisor) the Scope of Work of the Results Measurement Supervisoror the title of the job.
5. Job Qualifications
The Results Measurement Supervisor should have;
- A Masters degree
- 2 to 5 years “working knowledge” and experience in supervising field level market research.
- Strong skills in qualitative and quantitative research
- Proficiency in use of excel for analysis is a must (any certificate of such proficiency will be an added advantage)
- Good written and verbal skills
- Preferably experience with working inNigeriaorWest Africa.
- Meticulous and detail oriented, able to work under own initiative and drive to complete tasks with little direct supervision
- Good interpersonal skills, and ability to work in teams
- Ability to manage a team of personnel and collaborate and coordinate between different teams to achieve objectives
- Willingness to travel to different parts ofNigeria
The incumbent will be based inAbujabut may as needed travel to various states inNorthern Nigeria. These states are: Sokoto, Kebbi,Zamfara,Niger, Katsina,Kano,Kaduna, Jigawa, Nassarawa, Plateau, Gombe, Bauchi, Yobe, Borno,Benue, Taraba, Adamawa, and Kwara
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your updated CV to
before 26th June 2012 following the steps below.
a) State ‘Results Measurement Supervisor – Propcom Maikarfi’ in the subject line and state where you saw this advertisement
b) State four bullet points to demonstrate why you are a suitable candidate for this role