FINCA International, one of the world’s leading microfinance institutions, provides financial services to nearly 900,000 clients through 21 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin American and the Greater Middle East.
FINCA International is looking for a Senior Analyst to be responsible for producing rigorous analysis of FINCA’s global customers, using both primary and secondary quantitative data. Encompassing both business and social areas of interest, the research program will entail statistical modeling of customer needs, preferences and behaviors using regression and related techniques incorporating contextual information from literature reviews, focus groups, and other qualitative research methods.
The scope of this responsibility includes input to the development and implementation of research programs, as well as data collection, management and analysis. The Senior Analyst will develop research protocols, oversee primary data collection, and prepare reports and presentations for management of the key findings. Through interactions with subsidiary personnel, the Senior Analyst will ensure compliance with global reporting requirements, and work with local counterparts to exercise quality control over customer research activities.
The Senior Analyst will compile and steward data from a variety of sources, including customized and routine surveys, as well as other operational and financial data. He or she will manage the Customer Data Warehouse (CDW), including system documentation, data requirements, structure and functionality as well as data uploads and general maintenance. This position will require close coordination with FINCA’s Information Services Department for upgrades and repairs, and implementing approved initiatives to enhance the data system and to ensure consistency with enterprise data standards.
FINCA is seeking a senior individual with prior experience in the design and execution of customer research programs in a business or academic setting, such as an international financial institution, university, or think-tank. Knowledge of statistics, research techniques, and data management skills are required; specific knowledge of microfinance or development economics is preferred. Ability to write and speak English at a professional level is required; other languages (Spanish, French, Russian) a plus.
Post-graduate degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, or International Development.
- Research design, including surveys, data collection and statistical modeling..
- Ability to generate original research ideas.
- Mastery of relevant software, including database programs (SQL), statistical software (SPSS or STATA), advanced Excel (pivot tables, analysis) and graphical presentation.
- Rigorous quantitative analysis and presentation skills.
- Ability to write and speak English at a professional and publishable level; other languages (Spanish, Russian or French) a plus.
- Solid organizational skills, particularly for electronic files and data
- Client service orientation
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced international environment
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in Spanish, Russian or French would be an advantage.
- Expert level proficiency in key data and statistical software, such as Access, and Stata, as well as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Desktop publishing experience would be an advantage.