Note that this advertisement is for a full-time, three-year position with an immediate start date. The position is based in dTS’ Home Office in Arlington, Virginia.
dTS is a strategic management consulting firm leading initiatives in social and economic development with a view to promoting equality and accountability. Our services in gender integration; training and capacity building; and monitoring and evaluation have been applied in a variety of sectors across 60 countries for USAID, MCC, USTDA, the US Department of State, and other clients.
dTS is recruiting a Senior Evaluation Specialist / Manager to support the three-year USAID funded Global Climate Change (GCC) Monitoring and Evaluation (ME) Project. The project supports USAID’s efforts in assisting countries to accelerate their transition to climate-resilient, low-emissions development. Rigorous evaluation will be essential as the Agency tests innovative pilots and applies lessons learned from development in other sectors to emerging climate change challenges.
The Senior Evaluation Specialist / Manager will lead, oversee, and participate in evaluations of USAID-funded GCC projects worldwide. Specific duties will include:
– Developing a targeted evaluation plan to inform USAID’s strategy for evaluating the performance and impact of current GCC programming in line with and support of the recently released USAID GCC Strategy;
– Developing an agency climate change and development research agenda intended to test hypotheses and assumptions underlying USAID’s GCC programming;
– Reviewing suitability of GCC programs’ baseline data, including gender-disaggregated people-level indicators, and integrating data into evaluation plans and designs;
– Overseeing field evaluations, including leading selected evaluations, supervising short term consultants, and drafting and/or reviewing field evaluation reports;
– Providing technical assistance for evaluation training to USAID Missions and/or other assignments; and
– In cooperation with the project’s performance management specialist and the COP, coordinate the overlap between performance monitoring frameworks and evaluation designs and activities.
Qualifications for the Position:
- Advanced degree in environmental studies, natural resource management, agriculture, or other field directly related or relevant to climate change.
- At least 8 years of progressively responsible work experience demonstrating:
- (Required) Substantial experience designing, implementing, and leading evaluations of international development programs funded by USAID or other U.S. Government agencies; and
- (Preferred) Familiarity with climate change mitigation and/or adaptation interventions and issues in a sustainable development context; including how regions, countries, and communities adapt to existing or impending climate change impacts.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and concurrently manage a variety of activities effectively to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Strong communicator, with strong verbal, writing and editing skills
- Good problem solving skills.
- Team-oriented individual.
- Ability to travel internationally on short-term assignments.
Note that this is a full-time, three-year position with an immediate start date. The position is based in dTS’ Home Office in Arlington, VA.
Please send your resume to
. In the subject line, indicate “GCC Senior Evaluation Specialist / Manager.” A cover letter is not required but welcome. We regret that we are unable to take phone calls or accept submissions via fax. Only finalists will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
dTS is an equal opportunity employer.