Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization, operating in more than 60 developing countries. PSI creates demand for essential health products and services by using private sector marketing techniques and innovative communications campaigns. On the supply side, PSI works with the commercial sector to increase the availability of these products and services at prices that are affordable to low-income populations. With a bottom-line orientation that is rare among non-profits, PSI markets products and services for family planning, maternal and child health, and the prevention of AIDS, malaria and other diseases. For more information, please visit: www.psi.org.
PSI seeks experienced, dynamic candidates for the position of Technical Advisor Maternal Health. The Technical Advisor Maternal Health will be responsible for providing technical assistance to PSI maternal health programs. The maternal health advisor will provide technical guidance to PSI platforms implementing abortion, post abortion care, post partum hemorrhage programs as well as any other maternal health programs including franchising, safe delivery and antenatal/postnatal care programs. The technical advisor will also work to support countries that will launch new maternal health programs, and represent PSI at national and international maternal health meetings and conferences. Travel will be approximately up to 25% of time. This position will be based in Washington, DC and reports to the Associate Director Reproductive Health.
- Provide technical assistance and expertise to field and headquarters staff on maternal health issues including abortion, misoprostol/mifipristone, post abortion care, post partum hemorrhage, ANC/PNC, and pre-eclampsia/eclampsia, antenatal and postnatal care, safe delivery, and emergency obstetric care
- Work with Reproductive Health (RH) team to identify and disseminate information on latest technologies and best practices, and facilitate information exchange between PSI programs;
- Develop technical and marketing strategies for maternal health products and services;
- Respond to field requests for technical information, and provide technical assistance to field platforms in maternal health to improve quality, as well as to launch programs
- Develop corporate strategies for increasing the number, scale and quality of maternal health programs;
- Fundraise for PSI’s maternal health programs;
- Conduct public relations for PSI’s maternal health programs;
- Advocacy and representational role in international and US domestic fora to advocate for increased access to safe abortion services, and maternal health products and services;
- Participate in inter-agency maternal health working groups;
- Maintain updated information on status of maternal health programs;
- Assist in procurement and manufacturer negotiations as needed; and,
- Other tasks as needed.
- Relevant master’s degree (MBA, MIA, MPH); MBBS or MD a plus
- At least 2 years of work experience in a developing country; work in PSI overseas platform preferred
- Experience in maternal or reproductive health product and/or service delivery in developing countries;
- Private sector marketing experience will be considered a plus; and
- Fluency in English required, and proficiency in French preferred
- Excellent English writing skills, ability to work well with a team and passion for improving maternal health
The successful candidate will exhibit demonstrate a proven track record in project design and management; be a creative thinker that adds value to country programs; have excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and writing skills; an interest in private sector approaches to public health, and the ability to produce results in difficult circumstances.
Please apply online at www.psi.org. No calls or emails please.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages applications from qualified individuals
regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability