Management Training Corporation’s (MTC) innovative, forward-thinking attitude and culture have helped tens of thousands of people each year learn new academic, technical, and social skills to become more employable and productive citizens.
MTC International Development is seeking a Training and Capacity Building Coordinator who has experience on workforce related projects. The Coordinator will be responsible for the development and delivery of training materials and training courses to build the capacity of SME infrastructure firms and related public sector entities. The candidate will serve as Team Leader for the design and implementation of work-process training, classroom training, and mentorship programs.
Related experience to include:
– Human resource development;
– TOT training with varied groups, including those related to labor-based road construction or civil works, focusing on contractors, engineers, and technicians in rural roads using alternative technologies; and
– Development and management of training programs and curriculum development for construction contractors.
S/he may work in close collaboration to provide direct technical assistance to counterparts focusing on development of the construction sector or workforce development. The successful candidate will also be familiar with work-process; classroom training; and field demonstration training.
– At least a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a Master’s degree in Education related to vocational education or the construction sector.
– At least 10 years of progressive experience working on education or professional training projects in HR development, vocational education, or training of contractors and engineers.
– At least 5 years of substantial experience in training and mentoring local small and medium scale construction contractors in developing countries, including tendering, contracting, quality and volume control, theft prevention, operations and maintenance.
– Demonstrated advanced ICT skills related to training, institutional strengthening, and capacity building of private and public sector entities in rural roads and civil works.
– Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to work under pressure with limited guidance. Fluency in English.
– Experience with donor-funded programs; USAID experience preferred.
Interested parties may apply online at www.mtctrains.com. Only applicants that include a resume or CV shall be considered. Position closes on August 30, 2012