The Mitchell Group, an Internation Development firm based in US is
seeking candidates to serve as a long-term team, operating in Tunisia from March or April 2012 through June 2013, to carry out a project, funded by USAID, to improve the competitiveness and
employment potential of Tunisia’s Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector. The team will be responsible for carrying out a three-part program: increasing ICT entrepreneurship and small/medium enterprise (SME) development; help improve Tunisia’s ICT sector workforce; and develop policy and regulatory reforms that relax ICT sector growth constraints in Tunisia.
There are four positions to fill for this team:
- Senior ICT Advisor
- Senior ICT Workforce Development Advisor
- Senior SME Financial Access Advisor
- ICT Policy and Regulatory Reform Advisor
Qualifications and Responsibility:
1. Senior ICT Advisor (and if qualified, also Chief of Party for the Project): will have principal responsibility for the project’s ICT entrepreneurship and SME development component, and, if also selected as COP, will have overall responsibility for liaison with USAID and Tunisian autorities, reporting, and for supervising other project staff. An MBA or undergraduate degree in ICT is required, as is at least 15 years’ work experience in ICT investment, ecport development, business envabling environment, market analysis, public-private
partnership, regulatory enviornment and workforce development. Relevant supervisory, management, policy dialogue and reform, and workload management/recruitment experience are also required. Full fluency in English is essential; fluency in spoken and written Arabic and French are desirable.
2. Senior ICT Workforce Development Advisor: With principal responsibility for the Project’s workforce development component, an MA in human resource development or the equivalent is required, with at least 15 years’ experience in workforce training and placement programs in the ICT sector, including at least several years in business management and development. Full fluency in English is essential; fluency in spoken and written Arabic and French are desirable.
3. Senior SME Financial Access Advisor: This advsior’s responsibilities, primarily in support of the first component (ICT entrepreneurship and SME development) will include developing innovative financial products that will make working and investment capital financing more readily available to Tunisian SMEs engaged in ICT-related value chains. An MBA in finance or business or the equivalent, with 15 years’ or more experience in development
finance are preferred. The position requires full fluency in English and
fluency in spoken and written Arabic and French are desirable.
4. ICT Policy and Regulatory Reform Advisor: Primarily responsible for the project’s policy reform component, this position requires a Ph.D. in Economics or the equivalent, and at least 15 years’ experience in economic policy analysis, including ICT policy and regulatory reform, as well as work with association policy advocacy programs. For this position particularly, ten years’ experience in developing countries is preferred. The position requires full fluency in English and fluency in spoken and written Arabic and French are desirable.
Qualified candidates should submit their detailed resume including
three references, and a brief cover letter to ‘+’tsegim’+’@’+’the-mitchellgroup.com’+’
by Friday 9 March 2012 with the subject line
“Position name – Tunisia” by March
9, 2012. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.